Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tuesday night smackdown

Last night I rolled up to the Tuesday night ride to see a swarm of Wheel jerseys. 4 from the wheel and 4 from the wheel/chamois butt'r. I knew I was in for a treat. The ride went good, I held on with dear life as Ryan, Fred and Dan continually attacked. It was all I had toward the end just to keep a wheel. After 45 miles of throw-downs, Elliot was cross-eyed and I didn't know if I would make it back home. The ride home afterward was nice and easy until the last hill. It's been a long time since I've considered walking a hill. It's always nice coming home to Levi and Kathy...they make everything better.
Saturday we have a gravel ride planned. The route looks to be about 110-115 miles of random gravel b/t here and Lawrence, followed by some lunch and relaxing at Free State.

No comments: