Tuesday, May 27, 2008

5 more days

DK is in 5 days and I think the bike is ready, hopefully I am.
This past weekend I got in 3 nice rides and spent a lot of time with my family. I had 3 days off work and it was fantastic. Saturday was nasty in the morning, but I got in 2 hours of single speed gravel up north late afternoon. Kathy's family was in town for Levi's Baptism on Sunday. I got in an hour before church on the single speed again. After the Baptism, we had a luncheon at my Dad's house, and for the first time since our wedding all of the family was in one room at one time. It was a lot less akward than I thought it would be.
Monday we got in about 55 miles of road with a very fun group. We rode the Weston loop counter-clockwise. The Waldron gravel was in perfect shape and it got my excited for this weekend.
I'm leaving KC at 4:00 Friday afternoon, picking up the Lawrence kids and should be to Emporia around 7:00. Plenty of time to pack 5 of us into a hotel room, get a few hours of sleep, and go play on our bikes for 15-17 hours.
Full report to come on Sunday. Until then...

No comments: