Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Busy times or lazy times?

It's been quite some time since my last post. A lot has happened and a lot is going to happen soon.
Right now I'm 2.5 weeks away from my Ironman in Florida. It's be 3.5 years since my last one, and I've gotta say I'm pretty nervous. I've been swimming a little bit the last few weeks, building up my runs, riding my bike. But, putting all three of those together has always been a bit of a mystery for me. I've had some great triathlons in the past, won some local events, been to worlds in '06, but I still feel like I haven't had that break out race. I don't expect Florida to be that race for me, but I've already registered for Ironman Wisconsin for September of next year. So I'll have plenty of time to dwell on things over the next 10 months.
We've been busy at the shop. This 80 degree October weather has kept repairs and sales strong. I'm already excited for 2011. We've got a couple new offerings and some updated bikes from our current bike lines.
I'm excited for my 2011 racing season as well. My first official race of the season will be the New Orleans Marathon on Feb 13. 5 years ago I qualified for Boston. Not that I plan to at NO, but I'd like to get within 10-15 minutes of BQ. After that it's Quachita, Transiowa (I will go back until I can finish this one), and DK. I'd like to get into Laramie again as I had a great time at that event this year. Maybe I can crack 6 hrs in 2011.
Cross season is in full swing. I've only done 1 race, but I put on the two Boss Cross events with grand success. Great course, good turn out, perfect weather. Our next race is October 30th at Barry Platte Park.
Until next time...

No comments: