Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Farmhouse Classic recap

We ended up with perfect weather for the Farmhouse Classic on Saturday July 18th. What a great way to spend my Birthday! 30 of us toed the line at the start of the ride. Everyone would go on to finish, 15 did the 105ish miler, and 15 did the 62 miler. The roads were tougher than most people imagined...hopefully I didn't scare anyone away from next years event. I rode the first half of the 62 miler at the tail end of the lead group (Peter, Gersib, Cornbread, Waller, Troy and Matt T) and rode back in with mike fox, KC local Chris Thomas and the great Alison Stamper.
Peter Krause pulled out first place with a sprint finish. The remaining podium spots went to Troy Krause, Corey Godfrey, Matt Tillinghast, and John Waller. I want to thank everyone who came out and enjoyed this fine ride. Here's some links to some great blogs from our fellow gravel cyclists.
Stamper, Cornbread, Gersib, Troy. These guys should keep you plenty entertained. Until I get pics off my camera...safe riding.

No comments: